Keto At Arbys: Enjoy your Roast Beef Guilt Free
Sandwiches are the go-to lunch for many busy people and as someone doing keto, you learn that it’s something you need to adapt heavily. Bread, buns and tortillas are all off the table so you need to find another way to make things work. Eating keto at Arby’s is a great example of what you need to do to cut out the carbs. So, if you want to enjoy your roast beef, here’s what you need to know to eat keto at Arby’s.
Before eating at Arby’s
Eating keto can be tough as your options are often pretty reduced. So, to save yourself the trouble, it’s important to plan ahead and have a look at the menu beforehand. You can check out Arby’s menu here.
And, to make sure to avoid any hidden carbs, it’s a good idea to check out the nutritional information beforehand too. You can see that here.
Tips for eating keto at Arby’s
Before we dive into the menu, here are some tips to help you stay keto at Arby’s.
- Customize your order: Don’t be afraid to ask for modifications to your meal. Request sandwiches without bread, buns, or wraps, and swap out high-carb toppings and sauces for keto-friendly alternatives.
- Focus on protein and healthy fats: Arby’s offers a variety of protein-rich options, like roast beef, turkey, and brisket. Pair your protein with healthy fats, such as avocado, cheese, or mayonnaise, to keep you satiated and maintain your ketosis.
- Choose low-carb sides: Stick to low-carb side options, like the Chopped Side Salad, and be mindful of the salad dressing you choose. Opt for keto-friendly dressings like ranch or balsamic vinaigrette to keep your carb intake low.
- Careful with the drinks: Hidden calories in your drinks are the easiest way to break keto. Stick to water or diet sodas if you need a sweet kick.
Keto Options at Arby’s
Now, let’s get into all the keto options you can order next time you’re at Arby’s.
- Smokehouse Brisket, no bun: (3g carbs)
- Bacon Beef ‘n Cheddar, no bun, no red ranch: (4g carbs)
- Triple Decker, no bun, no onion, no tomato: (8g carbs)
- Classic Beef ‘n Cheddar, no bun, no red ranch: (3g carbs)
- Double Beef ‘n Cheddar, no bun, no red ranch: (3g carbs)
- Half Pound Beef ‘n Cheddar, no bun, no red ranch: (6g carbs)
- Fire Roasted Philly Roast Beef, no bun: (5g carbs)
- French Dip & Swiss, no bun, no au jus: (2g carbs)
- Half Pound French Dip & Swiss, no bun, no au jus: (3g carbs)
The Beef options at Arby’s are quite versatile, and you can still enjoy their signature roast beef by ordering it without the bun. From the classic Beef ‘n Cheddar to the Smokehouse Brisket, there’s something for everyone. Just make sure to ask for no red ranch on some items, as it can add unwanted carbs to your meal.
- Loaded Italian without the bun: (8g carbs)
- Ham & Cheese Slider without the bun: (2g carbs)
- Ultimate BLT without the bread bread: (7g carbs)
Pork options at Arby’s provide a delicious alternative to beef, with the Loaded Italian and Ultimate BLT being tasty choices. Remember to order without the bun or bread to keep your carb intake low.
Unfortunately, most chicken options at Arby’s are made with fried chicken, which isn’t very keto-friendly. Arby’s, if you’re reading this, please give us a grilled chicken option! In the meantime, there is one chicken option with a higher net carb count, but it could still fit into your daily carb allowance if you plan accordingly:
- Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich, no bread: (10g carbs)
While the Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich is not an ideal keto option, you can still enjoy it without the bread if you’re craving chicken and willing to allocate some of your daily carbs to this meal.
- Turkey Avocado Club without the bread: (7g carbs)
- Turkey Avocado Club, no bread, no tomato: (5g carbs)
- Triple Decker, no bun, no tomato: (8g carbs)
- Grand Turkey Club, no bun: (4g carbs)
Turkey options at Arby’s are also available for keto dieters. The Turkey Avocado Club and Grand Turkey Club can be ordered without bread or bun, and by customizing the toppings, you can further reduce the carb count.
When it comes to sides, your best bet is the Chopped Side Salad (without dressing), which has 3g net carbs. You can also opt for the Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad, which has 6g net carbs.
- Chopped Side Salad, no dressing: (4g carbs)
- Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad: (8g carbs)
While Arby’s doesn’t have a wide variety of keto-friendly sides, the Chopped Side Salad and Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad are solid choices that can complement your main dish. Just remember to choose a keto-friendly dressing.
When it comes to drinks, stick to standard low-carb beverages such as Diet Coke, unsweetened iced tea, and water. These options will keep you hydrated and refreshed without adding any extra carbs to your meal.
Customizing your order with keto-friendly condiments and dipping sauces can enhance the flavor of your meal while keeping your carb intake in check. Here are some options available at Arby’s:
- Mayonnaise, 1 packet: (0g carbs)
- Horsey Sauce, 1 packet: (3g carbs)
- Arby’s Sauce, 1 packet: (3g carbs)
- Buffalo Dipping Sauce, 1 packet: (2g carbs)
- Ranch Dipping Sauce, 1 packet: ( 2g carbs)
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce, 1 container: (4g carbs)
These extras can add a burst of flavor to your keto meal without causing a significant increase in carbs. Just be mindful of portion sizes and carb counts to ensure you stay within your daily limits.
What to avoid
While eating keto at Arby’s is possible, there are certain items you should avoid to maintain your low-carb lifestyle:
- Bread, buns, and wraps: These are high in carbs and should be removed from any sandwich, wrap, or gyro.
- Fried items: Most fried foods, like curly fries or mozzarella sticks, are high in carbs due to their breading.
- Sweet sauces and dressings: Some sauces and dressings, like the red ranch or Thousand Island, can add unwanted carbs to your meal. Opt for lower-carb alternatives instead.
Eating keto at Arby’s is achievable with a little planning and customization. With plenty of protein focused options on the menu, you’ll definitely have a lot of choice. Just remember to avoid the usual breads and fries and you’ll be good to go!